The Hiv Vereniging is actively involved in research on various topics regarding HIV. We give feedback, share calls for participants, or participate as an advisor. In this article we share a call for participants for a questionnaire on HIV cure.
What is the goal of this research?
Currently it is not possible to cure HIV: treatment suppresses HIV, but it remains in the body. Scientists do a lot of research into the cure for HIV. We don’t know when a cure becomes available. The University Medical Center Utrecht wants to find out what it would mean for you if HIV could be cured.
Who are the researchers looking for?
- Adult (18+) men, transmen, women and transwomen
- English or Dutch speaking
- Adults living with HIV
- Adults who do not have HIV but are affected by HIV:
- Your partner has HIV
- You have a higher chance of getting HIV because you’re bi or gay
- You’re a sex worker or you pay for sex
- You ever injected drugs
- You’re from an area where HIV is prevalent
Do you want to participate?
Filling in the survey takes 15 to 20 min You can win 1 out of 50 gift certificates (€10). Please fill in the survey here.